You guys this dish is so good and super quick, like 20 minutes from chopping to plate. Minimal ingredients and mediterranean flavors that make a great appetizer or main meal. Make sure you don’t skip the fresh herbs because they really add to the overall flavor. I love shrimp but it can be hard to find a wild, sustainable source at an affordable price. This raw pink shrimp is from Trader Joe’s in the frozen section and it’s my go to. I made the cauliflower rice in under 10 minutes while the main dish was cooking. You could also serve this with crusty bread, warm pita, white rice, zucchini noodles, or penne you decide.
Tomato Garlic Shrimp
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic (sliced)
- 1/2 cup shallot (thinly sliced)
- 28 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (sauvignon blanc) (optional)
- 1 lb raw wild caught shrimp (20-25 count )
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper or crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped )
- 2 tsp fresh dill (chopped )
- 1/4 cup sheeps milk feta cheese (crumbled )
- 1 lb cauliflower rice (cooked)
In a large skillet over medium high heat add olive oil.
Once the oil is warm add the garlic and shallots and cook until softened about 3 minutes
Add the tomatoes and the wine and simmer over medium heat for another 2-3 minutes.
Add the shrimp in a single layer if possible and season with Aleppo, S&P.
Cook until shrimp is cooked about 3-4 minutes turning after two minutes.
Turn off the heat and garnish with herbs and feta. Serve over cauliflower rice and enjoy!